Project-management for the public and private sector
Alacran specializes in consulting solutions for private- and public-sector industries, with particular emphasis on Federal Government contracts. Our clients include public and private entities seeking to streamline their organizations, improve operational effectiveness, automate key processes, or maximize return on investment. Alacran’s executive leadership and team of industry-leading experts combine traditional project management skills with cutting-edge methodology in analytics, production, logistics, and compliance. Alacran prides itself on enduring support after project completion.
The staff at Alacran also possess civil and military expertise in the effective transportation of material and the sustainment of operations in difficult environments. Alacran can handle procurement, import-export services, and distribution management of materials; supply chain management in austere environments; navigation of international trade and export regulations, with expertise in ITAR/EAR compliance; and freight, shipping, and logistics services for dangerous and hazardous goods.
Alacran is headquartered at the Corporate Research Center at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. We maintain an additional office and explosives storage magazines on the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in nearby Radford, Virginia. To find out how Alacran Consulting can work with your business, contact us today.
Alacran’s staff brings its training and experience to your organization. This professional-service integration can be as part of a feasibility or developmental phase of a project, or as an effort to augment or support an existing or ongoing internal effort.
Our past and current project experience includes:
- Domestic and international project management for small-arms ammunition and propellant-manufacturing facilities
- Research and development, and prototyping of, new projectiles and propellants
- Fully licensed broker, manufacturer, importer, and exporter of U.S. munitions list articles
- Transportation, logistics, distribution, import, and export of hazardous materials, including ammunition and propellant
- Warehousing and fulfillment of FTL quantities of defense material, including propellant
- Military experience in combat operations, service support, HAZMAT logistics, operational planning, and supply chain management
- DUNS: 07-872-6123
- CAGE CODE: 7NNJ3